- Akismet 2.5.3 by Used by millions, Akismet is quite possibly the best way in the world to protect your blog from comment and trackback spam. It keeps your site protected from spam even while you sleep. To get started: 1) Click the “Activate” link to the left of this description, 2) Sign up for an Akismet API key, and 3) Go to your Akismet configuration page, and save your API key.
- Google Search Plugin 1.0.8 by Google Custom Search functionality for WordPress. Edit Settings
- Google XML Sitemaps 3.2.5 by This plugin will generate a special XML sitemap which will help search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing and Ask.com to better index your blog.
- Popularity Contest 2.0b2 by This will enable ranking of your posts by popularity; using the behavior of your visitors to determine each post’s popularity. You set a value (or use the default value) for every post view, comment, etc. and the popularity of your posts is calculated based on those values. Once you have activated the plugin, you can configure the Popularity Values and View Reports. You can also use the included Widgets and Template Tags to display post popularity and lists of popular posts on your blog.
- Scripts Gzip 0.9.3 by Merges CSS and/or JS scripts on all pages into one call and sends them gzipped.
- Search API 1.0.8 by A set of functions that allow developers to easily implement new search functionality for WordPress.
- Shiba Custom Background 1.4.4 by This plugin delivers theme customization functions in a plugin format. It allows you to change color schemes and flexibly insert and position any number of background images into your WordPress blog. It is theme agnostic, so you may customize the look of your blog on a variety of WordPress themes.
- Shiba Example Plugin 1.1 by The Shiba Example is an empty or sample plugin to help you get started on writing a WordPress plugin.
- Shiba Gallery 3.5.4 by Allows you to display your WordPress galleries using NoobSlide, SlimBox, TINY SlideShow, or the WordPress native gallery. Display multiple galleries and mix and match any way you want using the gallery shortcode.
- Shiba Gravatar 1.4 by This is a simple plugin for caching WordPress gravatars. It lets you control when to update the gravatar cache so that you do not need to run any automatic update scripts on your server. Update Gravatar Cache.
- Shiba Media Library 3.2 by This plugin enhances the existing WordPress Media Library; allowing you to easily attach and reattach images as well as link an image to multiple galleries by using tags.
- Shiba Plugin Credits 1.0 by Creates a single plugin credits page for your blog so you can thank plugin developers for all their hard-work WITHOUT having to include backlinks on every blog page. This is a win-win because single links are cheap and unobtrusive, but many plugin developers will still appreciate the gesture.
- Shiba Widgets 1.5.7 by This plugin allows you to create a variety of widget configurations and attach them to individual posts and pages, or to categories and tags. Free yourself from being tied to a single set of widgets for your entire blog.
- W3 Total Cache 0.9.2.3 by The highest rated and most complete WordPress performance plugin. Dramatically improve the speed and user experience of your site. Add browser, page, object and database caching as well as minify and content delivery network (CDN) to WordPress.
- WordPress.com Stats 1.8.1 by Tracks views, post/page views, referrers, and clicks. Requires a WordPress.com API key.
- WP-Syntax 0.9.12 by Syntax highlighting using GeSHi supporting a wide range of popular languages. Wrap code blocks with <pre lang=”LANGUAGE” line=”1″> and </pre> where LANGUAGE is a geshi supported language syntax. The line attribute is optional.
- Yet Another Related Posts Plugin 3.3.1 by Returns a list of related entries based on a unique algorithm for display on your blog and RSS feeds. A templating feature allows customization of the display.
The issue of how to credit plugin developers can often be an emotionally charged topic, with strong opinions on both sides. Everybody agrees that plugin developers are awesome for the WordPress community, but many disagreements arise as to what are the proper methods for getting credit for their hard work. [...]
Shows how you can enhance page speed by using tags to selectively run plugins only when needed. Page speed is important because it affects Google Page Rank and user experience.