The Shiba Menubar plugin extends native WordPress custom menus so that you may add page trees, category trees, and archives. It also includes a several drop-down menu scripts for you to choose from including MenuMatic, Tinydropdown, and Sexydropdown.
New features for Shiba Menubar 1.1 –
1. More Drop-down Menu Options
Two drop-down menu scripts have been added –
2. Simple Drop-down Menu Skin Customization
You can easily change menubar scripts and skins by going into Appearance >> Shiba Menus.
Simply choose drop-down menu type and skin of your choice. There are currently 4 skins to choose from –
- None – Doesn’t use any skin images. Use none if you want the menubar to use the CSS styling already set by your theme.
- Transparent – Uses the menubar images from Menumatic, with an added transparent gradient background. Use this option if you want your blog background color to show through.
- Black – Uses the menubar images from Sexydropdown. This is a very stylish black skin designed by Soh Tanaka.
- White – Uses the menubar images from Tinydropdown.
Essentially, you can mix and match any of these menubar skins with the menubar type of your choice.
Note – Most themes already have highly styled menubar areas. In such cases, the theme CSS styling may take precedence over the Shiba Menubar CSS styling.
Here is a simple trick to remove all theme CSS stylings so that the Shiba Menubar skins are properly applied –
In the code above, CSS stylings for the TwentyTen menubar are removed by reassigning the menubar div (#access) to something else (#new-access).
Here is an example of the TwentyTen theme using the Menumatic script and Black menubar skin.