You can display as many galleries as you want, and have different types of galleries within the same blog page.
Here is a detailed description of the Shiba Gallery Plugin.
New features for for Shiba Gallery 3.3 –
1. Gallery Frames
You may now assign a variety of styled frames to your WordPress blog galleries and images. Adding frames is easily done through the standard gallery shortcode.
[gallery id="10" frame="black" ]
Current frames include none, green, blue, gray, shadow, black, white, and border. Here are some example galleries with the different frames.
You may also assign a default frame to all your blog galleries and images. This is done through the new Shiba Gallery options menu in Media >> Shiba Gallery.
Look under Set Default Frame, and pick the frame of your choice through a drop-down menu. There is a check box below that determines whether this default frame should also be applied to images in your blog.
Once you are done with these settings, click on the Save Options button at the bottom of the page.
2. Gallery Captions
You may now set what type of captioning you want in the gallery shortcode. Captions may be set to none, title, description, or permanent.
- None suppresses all captions.
- Title only shows the title of the image, post, or gallery.
- Description shows both the title and description of the image, post, or gallery.
- Permanent only applies to Popeye galleries. Permanent turns off the hover effect in Popeye galleries and displays captions in a permanent location.
[gallery id="8686" type="popeye" frame="green" caption="permanent"]
3. Gallery Paging
Paging of your WordPress Galleries can also be achieved through the gallery shortcode using numberposts and page. Our dog pictures page uses the gallery paging system.
[gallery category="10" type="native" post_type="post" order="DESC" caption="title" frame="black" numberposts="5" page="2"]
The gallery shortcode above displays 5 entries per page, and in particular we want to show page 2.
4. Shiba Gallery Options Page
We have added a gallery options page under Media >> Shiba Gallery. This options screen allows you to easily set the default gallery type, default gallery image, default gallery frame, and default gallery caption.
Default values will be used on galleries that do not have type, frame, or caption explicitly specified in the gallery shortcode.
The default gallery image is used in cases where the post, page, or gallery does not have an associated thumbnail or featured image.
5. New Galleries
Finally we have also added some awesome new galleries including -
- Popeye 2.0 by Christoph Schüßler. They also have a Popeye WordPress plugin.
- Picture Slides by Robert Nyman. This provides an alternative thumbnail gallery to Noobslide.
- Slimbox 2 by Christophe Beyls. Slimbox is an efficient version of Lightbox that is solely based on jQuery. Slimbox will now be used in place of lytebox.
[gallery id="10" type="slimbox" frame="shadow" ]