Some common dog anxiety problems include –
- Separation anxiety – A dog gets anxious when left alone.
Symptoms of Dog Anxiety
- Non-stop barking.
- Chewing up furniture, walls, shoes, garbage, and anything else in sight.
- Pooping and peeing in the house, crate, or other confinement area.
- Eating his own poop.
- Aggression toward people, dogs, or other animals.
Below are some common ways on how to deal with dog anxiety.
1. Desensitization Exercises
2. Calm Environment
3. Calming Equipment
a) Dog Appeasing Pheromone (DAP)
There are also a variety of natural calming scents, including lavender, and other herbal remedies.
b) Dog Calming Music
What is the right kind of dog music?
According to sound researcher Joshua Leeds,
Some people also use clocks or heartbeat pillows, to help calm new puppies.
I always consult with my vet before giving my dog any medication.
Some medications used to suppress a dog’s anxiety response include –