Who is the best dog trainer?
Or do you think it is Victoria Stilwell from It’s Me of the Dog?
Or do you prefer Tamara Geller? Ian Dunbar? Patricia McConnell? or someone else entirely?
Nah, it is not any one of these people.
Is it ShibaShake?
So who is the best dog trainer?
The best dog trainer for your dog is — [ drum roll ] — YOU.
I know, I know, this is a bit cheesy, like that person of the year TIME article; however, it is also true.
- We get to spend the most time with our dogs. We get to observe them 24/7 and we should know them best.
- We love them more than anybody else, so we should be most willing to put in the effort to make them happy and balanced.
This does not mean that we automatically become best dog trainer. No, no, this is a prestigious title that requires a whole lot of work.
- We must do a lot of research online so that we understand the good and bad of different dog training methods.
- We must research the different types of dog equipment and dog products available to us so that we only pick the ones that are safe and healthy for our dogs.
- We must keep our dog healthy, fulfill their need for exercise, and not do anything that will inadvertently cause them physical or mental harm.
And the work is never done.
We must always keep an open mind and be receptive to new dog information, dog studies, and dog training techniques.
The reward of being the best dog trainer though – is priceless.
A happy, well-balanced dog who trusts you, and is not afraid of you.